You’ve invested heavily in building your B2B digital commerce strategy. You offer your partners and customers an attractive visual design for your buyer portal. You provide a good mix of products. You know that they are competitively priced.
But if you’re still experiencing poor conversion rates, you’re not alone.
So, what are you doing wrong?
Perhaps, you’re not differentiating your B2B product content enough to impact your buyers, stand out from the crowd, and grow conversions.
Converting visitors into customers is not straightforward. Complicated purchasing journeys, inconsistent omnichannel experiences, and unhelpful product content can all impact B2B customer experience as well as your numbers. If you fail to deliver the quality content your prospective customers are looking for when they are searching for products, it can negatively impact their buying decisions.
Fortunately, it’s not impossible for you to create compelling digital shopping experiences that help the buyer journey progress.
Here are 4 ways to differentiate your B2B product content:
With FAQs, you can have thought leadership built right into the commerce experience, thus creating ways for customers to return to the site and engage with the business on a continuous basis. While evaluating products from their own frames of reference, B2B customers often have doubts and concerns which they expect to be resolved immediately. If you’re looking to differentiate your product content, creating an FAQ section is a great way to bridge the gap between customers’ perceptions about your products and what the products offer in reality.
FAQs are a great way to boost customer trust. They make them realize you’re well aware of the common product challenges. Proactively answering these queries will also help accelerate the customer’s buying decision. It can also improve the SEO of your site. Adding the FAQ section to your site can also reduce some of your customer support burden. While developing FAQs, make sure to:
- Address the common concerns your customers might have by incorporating the FAQ section directly into your site, so it is easily discoverable during the purchasing journey.
- Include queries that are commonly asked by customers on search engines to prevent customer complaints and negative reviews and improve the SEO of your site.
- Link answers to web pages that can solve your customers’ problems and add call-to-action links to improve the navigation of your site as well as increase the chance of bringing potential customers back into the conversion cycle.
- Demonstrate core business standards and expectations, so customers know that their purchases are backed by your expertise competence in handling issues and challenges.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO might seem basic. However, are you doing enough? Optimizing your product pages requires you to find the perfect balance between creating engaging content and scoring high on search engine ranking. It needs to be done with utmost planning and precision, so you can boost your online presence and increase revenue – simultaneously. Here are some tips:
- Carry out detailed research about your target audience, so you know what they’re looking for and identify the specific features of your products that meet their needs.
- Research SEO keywords relevant to your audience and embed them into your content. Highlight specific product benefits your audience has been searching for and use SEO keyword tools to get insight into their popularity and search volume.
- Experiment with different keyword combinations to see which work effectively, use them in your product page’s title tag and meta description, and link them to internal pages on your website – so your audience can seep through deeper into your portal if needed.
- Make sure to describe what the product does; add images and videos and use rich snippets to create a visually immersive product experience and have your product descriptions feature higher in search engine results.
- Optimize all your calls-to-action and make sure they focus on specific user needs and specific actions you want them to take.
Product content provides customers with all the information they need – without physically touching or feeling the product. Therefore, while developing product content, make it more engaging, so customers can imagine what the product is in real life and how it will help them meet their needs. While developing rich copy for your content, make sure to:
- Build it such that it differentiates your brand, allows customers to visualize your products and aligns with your brand message and brand voice.
- Integrate rich product descriptions, specifications, and detailed usage instructions and provide supporting information about categories of products, new products as well as promotional offers.
- Deliver content that is engaging, informative, and personalized based on what you know about them based on their past purchases, current buying behavior, and future needs.
- Provide appropriate visuals and present products from a range of different angles and contexts, so shoppers can view the products in their entirety at their discretion.
Product engineering illustrations
Another way to differentiate B2B product content is by making use of product engineering illustrations. Using illustrations as part of your product content gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the way customers perceive your products, your brand, and your values. Although including detailed product descriptions and images and videos are important, illustrations can deliver a different context while still being within a context familiar to many customers of manufacturing companies and distributors. While developing product engineering illustrations, make sure to:
- Use cut-away sections, call-out boxes, and sliced views to showcase the internals of the product as may be relevant. Remember to simplify text that is hard to understand.
- Include precise and accurate aspects of your product and present them in a way that creates a unique identity of your product.
- Communicate complex ideas in a simplified and attractive way for improved customer experience.
If you’re looking to make your products shine on the digital shelf and make consumer purchase decisions easier, it’s time to embrace these product content strategies to maximize customer engagement, boost revenue, and stand out from the competition.